Seeking to contribute my experience in a progressive start-up that leverages my experience and skills in Web Design/ Development, Mobile Application Development and .net/PHP/Ruby on Rails Development
- iPhone/Android Mobile application/Games Development Experience and iPad experience.
- Strength and passion: developing Mac OS X and iPhone OS software using Cocoa, the iPhone-SDK, and Objective-C.
- Rich awareness of and strict practitioner of Cocoa/iPhone coding conventions and style.
- Complete comprehension of memory management in Cocoa. Use of Xcode with complex projects.
- Managed the successful development and release of numerous software products and applications, in both engineering and product management positions. Managed complete development lifecycle of several high-profile, high-traffic E-Commerce and other Web sites.
- Staffed and managed engineering, IT, project management, QA, product management, marketing, and documentation groups.
Programmed shopping cart, template engines, message boards and betting pool in PHP. Website planning and optimization for search engines, accessibility and load speed
- HTML mastery focused on hierarchical, semantic document structure and SEO. CSS pixel-level layout consistency with browser, version and platform independence
Technical Advisor for Start-ups 2006-Present
- I’m following closely the HTML5/CSS3, and I’m already using it in my projects. Particularly, on a web application for iPhone.
- Experienced with iPhone OS 3.0 features such as Core Data, Undo support, Map Kit and Media Player frameworks.
- Worked on Planning, design and implementation of different web sites using Adobe Flash Animations.
- Design with standards compliant code with emphasis on browser compatibility, accessibility, and search engine optimization
- Created and Maintained different Web sites and applications for corporate, non-profit and other clients. Performed the full spectrum of Web-related tasks, including rapid prototyping, design and layout, graphics creation and optimization, server-side programming
- (Primarily PHP/Ruby on Rails/.NET), MySQL/MongoDB databases, AJAX interactivity, standards-compliant XHTML and CSS, testing, training, hosting, security, traffic generation and ongoing updates.
- Designed projects, web sites, main pages, UIs, including logos, identities, annual reports, landing pages. Collaborated with programmers, coders, writers, editors, designers, photographers and other professionals. Structured full web sites, templates, and developed guidelines and schemas from small company sites to corporate sites (database driven).
- Solid experience helping to design “look and feel” with strong usability factor in creating a good experience to users of the sites.
- Familiarity with capabilities and limitations of current browsers, including Internet Explorer, Netscape, Firefox and Safari.
Telava Networks San Francisco, CA
Product/Web Development Manager Dec’08 – Current
- Creating a RFID inventory management system with Python, using Django, and Linux. Created whaler.com, a custom CMS built using Django, with jQuery AJAX components. Upgraded Python 2.3 to Python 2.5 on a RHEL 4 server, this required recompiling mod_python to use Python 2.5. This upgrade was necessary because because inlined models with UTF-8 characters were causing unexpected errors. Successfully migrated the Django database from SQLite to MySQL to PostgresSQL with complete data integrity.
- Led the effort to develop an application platform for delivering web personalization campaigns quickly, without the need for
custom application development.
- Established processes to improve engineering delivery and quality, including design documents, design reviews, test plans, test cases, performance monitoring, project documentation, and post-project analysis.
- Provide technical guidance to team when required. Worked with client services group to improve the quality and content of project requirements and functional specifications and Developed modular, extensible objects and code in Actionscript for use in client customizable Flash templates.
- Created and managed project plans, timelines and deliverables. Handled every week project status meeting, track on existing issues and future issues.
- Maintained high traffic of websites by different optimization techniques. Defines software requirements designed to automate the operational aspects in this role.
- Worked on different blogs, forums and maintained users feedback based on customer reviews. Configured open source blogs and CRM applications on different servers. Worked with engineering team to schedule different product release dates.
- Develop and implement viral marketing strategy for blogs outreach and other web 2.0 marketing strategies.
- Develop and managed code in JSP and struts to make dynamic application and integrate with backend Java code.
IBM, SILICON VALLEY LAB San Jose, CA
Product Developer for Rational Application and Data Studio Developer Jun’08 – Nov’08
- Designing and Developing User Friendly and Aesthetically Appealing Web Sites and Operations. Planning and implementing the online marketing campaigns for the websites.
- Analyze existing marketing efforts using data driven methodologies for increasing ROI through paid advertisements and search marketing channels. Generate leads and thus increasing sales for the client websites.
- Tracking of the online marketing campaigns using Tracking software’s like Google Analytics, Stuffed tracker etc.
- Enhance, modify and improve the value of current products (in terms of quality performance, improved cost) to ensure the competitiveness of all products in the marketplace. Acquired cross functional experience by working across teams including business, development, project managers and testing
- Used Rational Clear Quest for defect reporting and tracking. Development and review of test plans and test cases
- Work with QA Manager to developed test methodologies and test cases/test plans to meet business and user requirements
Wiotel Inc San Jose, CA
- Worked on UI Design, Implementation and testing across different browsers. Design and develop infrastructure for PHP N-tier applications. Development of database layout & data flow using Visio mock-ups.
- Working with cross functional departments like Graphic Designing and Development teams for developing landing pages.
- Increasing inflow of business for the company websites through online marketing promotions.
- Worked on configuring, customizing modules with Content Management system by using of Joomla
- Initiating, creating and managing product development process for this rapidly growing company
- Created normalized database tables and its implementations in MySQL. Also created PHP interfaces between Front-End and Database. Segmenting the market using data driven approach.
- Managed application support in final stages of deployment and ensure smooth delivery of the product
Meditab Software Inc (HealthCare based Software Company) India and Oakland, CA
Web Manager (PowerBuilder, Sybase Central, SugarCRM) Jun’06 – Dec’06 & May’07 – Aug’07
- Managed schedule, specification changes, communication and development of project management process
- Marketing and MSN Adcenter and other second tier search engines. Track the online marketing campaigns using Analytics software
- Developed requirements for future versions of product defined target markets and based on that realigned product strategy
- Organized and conducted information for promoting the product and features and gathering business requirements
- Drove weekly meetings to ensure adherence to project timelines and resources to give the executive management timely status updates, project escalations, and review project initiatives. Develop and Manage Project Plans based upon customer requirements. Assisted in quality assurance in resolving test defects, escalate issues and reporting of test metrics
- Worked with the Development and Test Managers to identify the technical approach to be used and the deliverables and oversaw the system development process including systems analysis, technical design, coding, testing, and turnover to production of the application to be furnished at the completion of the project. Authored Business Requirements and UML documents
E-Comm. Opt Pvt. Ltd. Ahmedabad, India
- Involved in developing, implementing and monitoring the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy. Provide all high-end clients with the latest techniques and methods in SEO and also created and implemented strategies for SEM where my responsibilities include analyzing clients current paid search campaigns and providing multi-faceted strategies for maximum return on investment.
- Working for and achieving SEM Goals for the Client websites. Identifying profitable online marketing promotions.
- Managing PPC campaigns in Google Adwords, Yahoo Search. Suggest the clients of profitable keywords / campaigns to focus upon to maximize the ROI
- Requirement gathering from cross functional groups, performed competitive analysis and wrote Product Requirement Document (PRD) and product roadmap. Write Technical documentation for the product and detailed usage documentation for further reference. Participated in project and planning, budgeting and requirement analysis.
- Documented functional and technical specifications. Worked with database team in database design and data modeling.
- Leading a Technical team to develop and launch the product. Responsible for end-end product delivery, Product management and Implementation. Managed the deliverable schedule and activities for the team and successfully met deadlines.
San Jose State University, San Jose, CA Jan’07 – Dec’08
Master of Science – Software Engineering, GPA: 3.37
Charotar Institute of Technology – Changa (CITC),
Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology, GPA: 3.87 Oct’02 –Jun’06
- Databases: MySQL, SQL Server 2000, Sybase Central, MS Access
- Languages: PHP, Ruby on Rails, Zend Studio, oscommerce, Joomla, Mambo, vBulletin, Zendcart, Drupal, AJAX,, XML, CSS, XHTML, DHTML
- Scripting: Java Script, JQUERY , PL/SQL Script, JSUNIT, UNIX Shell Script, HTML
- Third Party APIs / Payment Gateways: Credit Card API, PayPal API, Authorize Payment API, Google Adsense API, Google MAPS API, Google Search API, Google Open Social API, Google Chart API, Facebook API, Google Visualization API, Google Maps API, Yahoo BOSS API, Yahoo! User Interface Library (YUI), jQuery, Twillio, lxml, expat, Qt, PyQTWeb
- Concepts: MVC Framework, Web Analytics, RSS Feed, Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Tools: Flex Builder, Eclipse, Net Beans, Clear Quest, Data Studio Developer, Power builder, XMLSpy, Microsoft Visio, Adobe
- Dreamweaver CS3, Photoshop, Adobe Flash CS3, Bugzilla, CVS, Subversion
- Servers: IIS, Apache, Tomcat.
Web 2.0 Synchronization Framework (Java, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Oracle, Tomcat Server, Hibernate) Jun’08 – Dec’08
- Lead a team of three people to successfully launch the project. Working on simulating the databases of two social networking websites. A synchronization framework will be built on top of both databases. One of the social networks is simulated in Oracle database then the other will be simulated in MySQL database. Hence, the framework will need to handle both database providers and synchronize data accordingly. Working with Dr. Mike Larkin (Co-Founder & CTO of Mojopac) (Worked on Front-End to create UI Design)
- Contributed to user interface, design and development efforts. Identified and documented scope of this project. Developed a word finder game which enables the user to discover the single word within five tries or less with the help of user friendly keyboard interface.