MRD PET APP
Project NameMarket Requirements Document Revision Date Table of Contents
- Target Market
- Desired Characteristics
- Estimated Development Costs
- Estimated Product Life
- Tracking & Goals
- Licensing Requirements
- Impact on Other Products
- Preliminary Schedule
Pet Finder – is a small location device that will provide a new level of security and enhance your peace of mind by being able to locate your pet’s device location at anytime from almost anywhere via the internet, cellular phone, or from a fixed-wire telephone. This small, disk shaped device offers added security that has never before been available at this size and price and will locate both indoors and outdoors. The Pet Finder product receives radio signals from the Global Positioning Satellites orbiting the earth. Once the device is activated, the Pet Finder network will begin receiving your devices location information by sending a private data code over the international GSM wireless cellular phone system to the Pet Finder Network. You will then be able to look up the information by viewing a detailed map of the last known location of your pet at any time by going to the internet at www.tbldevelopmentfirm.com or by calling our automated phone system. Then you enter your secured I.D. and Password to see or hear the location of your pet. One of the great features of Pet Finder is the ability to setup map zones so that our Pet Finder Network will alert you if your device enters or exits a customized Danger or Safety zone that you have created. You may also have the system trigger an “Alert” based upon the speed that your pet is traveling. Our services are simple to use yet utilize the most advanced Global Positioning Satellite and International Cellular location technology in the world today. Linking People Through Technology™ with the usage of global positioning system consisting of computers, transmitters, computer software receivers, and network interface devices. We utilize telecommunication services such as local and long distance transmission of voice, graphics, data by means of telephone, telegraphic, cable, and satellite transmissions. We also provide a computer service by acting as an application service provider in the field of knowledge management to host computer application software. This software searches and retrieves information from databases and computer networks
The app will be developed using iOS and android platforms. The app will be integrated with GPS tracking terminal which allows user to identify the exact location of their pets. The app also will be integrated with the backend web application where the user could be able to register, add details about the pet such as Adding Medical Records, etc.,”. The app also facilitates the user to set the demographic information of where the pet resides and also they would be able to set predefined distance, once the pet reaches predefined distance the user will get an alert on their mobile device.
Mobile App Functionalities
- Once the User has downloaded the app from the App/Android store the app should direct them to the appropriate website based on their demographic. This is preferred but not essential as some users might want to enter data directly from their respective phones.
- GPS tracking of the Pet (Dogs & Cats primarily). How this will work is that a signal is transmitted from the collar of the animal. Here a transmitting device will be either built into or attached to the collar of the animal, which transmits a signal to a satellite which is then relayed back to a web service & the data is recorded.
- The distance travelled should be set at the Users discretion, but our suggestion would be for the App to have the following 'Distance Settings': 20metres, 50 meters, 100 meters, 200 meters & or 'Other', as well as a function to switch the transmitter 'OFF'.
- On the Phone/Tablet side, once an animal breaches its preset boundary, an audible alert is sent to the device. This audible alert will be option based and selected from the website during the User entry stage.
- On the Phone/Tablet side, once an animal breaches its preset boundary, an audible alert is sent to the device. This audible alert will be option based and selected from the website during the User entry stage. We will to record 3-4 tunes created as a .wav file on the website for the user to select from.
- GPS should be constantly tracking the animal until found. From here the user can elect to switch off the app, or disable it for a predetermined time, say 30mins, which will allow them sufficient time to transport their pet home, or maybe it should just constantly track until the pet is once again located within its initial predetermined boundaries.
- Have a folder/Area where the user can input medical record of their pet
- The Apps need to also function as a 'QR Reader', so once this function within the app is selected it will read the QR/Transmitter tag located on the collar of the pet.
- Notify the user when the battery on the transmitter needs changing.
- A GUI with selectable options that can be shared through app users on the same account to be able to notify each other if the Dog/Cat has been 'Fed, or if the Dog has been 'Walked'
- A live calendar that sends user a pop up when an event is due within 24hrs or overdue after 7 days of event date, including a 'Happy Birthday Gingle' for your pet on its calendar birthday..
OVERVIEW OF THE SCENARIO
1. Login Page:
- Once the splash screen get disappeared, the app will display the login page
- The user should’ve registered earlier using mobile/web application in order to login into the app
- “Forgot Password” link direct to recover password page
- The new users can sign up into the app by using “Signup” option in the login page
- “Sign in with Facebook Account” option facilitates the users to login using their facebook account credentials
- The login is required only for the first time
- The App will have 8 different Menus as widgets
- The app will have following menus
- About Pet
- Find Pet
- Medical Records
- QR Reader
- Pet Care
- Social Networks
3. About Pet:
The user would’ve stored multiple pets information, the “Select Pet” option facilitates the user to view the information about selected pet.
The user can view the following information about pet
- Pet Name
- Pet Image
- Pet’s Birthday date
The user under admin account would be able to edit and update these information whenever he needed
4. Find Pet:
- The Find Pet feature of the App, provides user with an option to find current location of the pet by sitting in their home
- The map also displays the boundary that determined by the admin
- If the pet crosses the network area, the app will display the “ very last location” that covered by the GPS
- The user can “zoom in or zoom out” the map by using respective icons
- Once the pet crosses the boundary which pre-determined by the admin user the app will send a alert to the user
- The GPS will be constantly tracking the pet until found. From here the user can elect to switch off the app, or disable it for a predetermined time, say 30mins, which will allow them sufficient time to transport their pet home, or maybe it should just constantly track until the pet is once again located within its initial predetermined boundaries
4. Medical Records :
- The user will have one touch access to all the medical records through this page
- The user can select the pet from the drop down
- The user can filter the data by “Selecting Date”
- The user also would be able to view the information about “Veterinarian” by clicking respective icon
- The user can add, edit or delete medical records from this page
- The app will display the calendar where the admin able to identify booked dates and the description of event
- The admin can view the detailed description by clicking on the particular date/event. It will show Date and detailed description about the event
- Once the event is completed, it will be highlighted in the different color
- The user will receive a pop up when an event is due within 24hrs or overdue after 7 days of event date
- The user can view, edit or delete by using respective options
6. QR Reader :
- The QR Reader functionality allows the user to scan the QR Tag that stuck on to Pet’s Tracking Device
- Once the QR Tag has been scanned, the user have the following options
1 Open a URL in browser
2 Share Via Email
3 Share Via SMS
- Once the user open the URL in browser, it will redirect to the webpage which includes a “basic information and medical records” about the pet
7. Pet Care :
- The A GUI with selectable options that will be shared through app users on the same account to notify each other if the pet has been 'Fed, or if the Dog has been 'Walked'
- The user can view the information about each pet by using “Select Pet” option
- The data can be sorted using “date”
- Once the user modified the information, he would be able to save the data using “update” option
- The admin user could be able to view/edit/delete his personal information which he provided at the time of registration
- The admin user also could be able to add up to “3 secondary level users” on his account
- The admin user also would be able to update the information about secondary users at any time
- If the user Clicks on “Add Icon” will be directed to another page
- The Admin can add up to 3 secondary users by providing “Name, email, user name and password”
- The admin user also could be able to edit or delete the secondary user information
- Only the admin user would be able to update the settings
- Once the user tap on “Update” the changes will get updated
- The admin user could be able to set the boundary distance by using “Boundary Settings”
- By default the app will have the following 'Distance Settings':
- 50 meters
- 100 meters
- 200 meters
- 'Other', as well as a function to switch the transmitter 'OFF'
- Once the pet crossed the boundary the app will send an audible alert to the user
- The admin user could select the alert tone by using “Alert Settings”
- By default the app will have up to four alert tones
- The app also will have the option to choose “vibrate” mode
- If the user doesn’t select the vibrate mode, the app will send an audible alert by overriding the silent mode
- This feature allows the user to login into the facebook and twitter account from the app itself
- The user can update their desirable information at anytime
3. Target Market
The client intends to build a user-friendly mobile application that targets pet lovers. Triple Bottom Line, LLC has done a detailed analysis on the client requirement. The Pet Finder product receives radio signals from the Global Positioning Satellites orbiting the earth. Once the device is activated, the Pet Finder network will begin receiving your devices location information by sending a private data code over the international GSM wireless cellular phone system to the Pet Finder Network.
Our Pet Finder Services is best because we are giving all GPS Device Based on existing GSM/GPRS network and GPS satellites, this product can locate and monitor any remote targets by SMS or GPRS.
Competition Provide different type of mobile application like Dog finder mobile application, Cat finder mobile application which you can use in iphone, Tablets, ipad.
Triple Bottom Line places a special focus on preserving a wide technical skill set, while retaining an exceptional level of technical expertise, which enables the company to fulfill its mission. Triple Bottom Line offers our clients a broad spectrum of mobile application development services. We have team of dedicated developers specializing in Android, iPhone, Symbian, iPad, tablets, Blackberry.
5. Desired Characteristics
Working Based on existing GSM/GPRS network and GPS satellites, this product can locate and monitor any remote targets by SMS or GPRS.
- GSM/GPRS module: SIMCOM SIM900
- Band: 850/900/1800/1900Mhz
- Communication protocol: TCP/UDP
- CPU: ARM7
- GPS chip: SIRF3 Sensitivity: – 159dBm Accuracy: 5- 20m
- Time To first fix Cold status 45s Hot status 1s
- Wall charger: 110 – 220V input 5V output
- Battery: 3.7V 860mAh Li-ion battery – Stand by : 250 Hours
- Waterproof: IPX – 6
- Storage Temp: – 40°C to +85°C
6. Estimated Development Costs
List the estimated costs of this product in terms of development time, licensing components, or equipment required to build the product (useful for both hardware and software). This may or may not be required in your company to have a project approved. Will require input from engineering.
7. Estimated Product Life
How long will this przzzoduct be on the market. When should it be replaced by a new product or version?
Use this section if this product will not be distributed through the company’s usual channels. If the product is software, list whether it will be available as a download off the web site.
9. Tracking & Goals
Use this if there are multiple configurations desired.
10. Licensing Requirements
If you are building a software product, describe the requirements for software licensing. Describe how customers will obtain the product and how the licensing (if any) will restrict them from making illegal copies.
This section is used (primarily for a hardware product) to describe any special maintenance requirements. May require input from customer service.
Estimate the sales for the product. This is required for cost justification as well as for forecasts for inventory of product and or manuals.
For hardware products you will need to estimate the preliminary costs of the product. For a software product you will need to estimate any potential royalties.
In some companies, management wants the product manager to figure out the development costs of a product. If this is required, you will need to work closely with the finance department and the VP of Engineering to accurately estimate those costs.
13. Impact on Other Products
Use this section if this product will impact sales of or replace other products. Finance and sales will need this information for forecasting purposes.
14. Preliminary Schedule
This will require input from engineering. It is needed for other departments to understand when the product will be available.
Slide Presentation: P.E.T. Come Home App MRD