U-Verse App Developers
Our AT&T Developers are experts at putting your application on U-Verse televisions. Take advantage of this growing market of users.
AT&T U-verse Enabled APIs allow your app to interact with the AT&T U-verse IPTV service via the AT&T U-verse receiver (set-top box). Once paired with a receiver, your app can send remote-control commands, receive data on what is being watched, detect events such as channel changes, and direct the U-verse receiver to display content from specially configured Web sites that you host.
Why become U-verse enabled?
- Your pictures, video, and music will stand out when users play them on their TVs instead of on their small mobile devices.
- You can keep your app small, easy to download, and nimble. The U-verse receiver directly retrieves and displays your hosted media content, so there is no need to transmit or store large video files on the device.
- You remain in control of your content. You can update or remove content at any time without needing to communicate with the device.
- Your app can app can receive information about the programming being watched and respond intelligently. It can enhance viewing experiences by combining information from the U-verse receiver with information from the Web.
- Your app can turn a mobile device into a TV remote control. Customers can use their devices to easily change channels and perform searches. And because U-verse Enabled applications communicate via Wi-Fi, line of site is not an issue.
- U-verse Enabled apps communicate with the U-verse receiver over the U-verse in-home gateway’s networking service. A device must be on the local in-home network to communicate with the receiver. You cannot, for example, control the device from a remote location, like a coffee shop.
- Because of the requirement to communicate via the local network, devices must support and be using local network communications to communicate with the receiver. In most cases, this means that a Wi-Fi connection is required. U-verse communication will not work over a cellular data connection, for example.
- To display media on the TV via the U-verse receiver, you must host that media separately on a site that the U-verse receiver has access to. You will be responsible for setting up and hosting any content.
- A small percentage of customers have chosen to purchase U-verse TV without U-verse Internet services. These customers are not able to access hosted content. Further, these customers might not have set up the U-verse gateway for Wi-Fi service, and they may have general connectivity limitations.
- The customer must enable connectivity on the U-verse receiver. For the best experience, we recommend that your application guide the customer through this simple setup process.
AT&T U-verse Enabled APIs allow you to create mobile applications that interface with the AT&T U-verse IPTV service.
- U-verse APIs enable mobile devices to both get information from and send information to a U-verse receiver.
- An app can enable a mobile device to send remote-control commands to the receiver to interact with the TV.
- Apps can control content on the TV¿for example, by streaming music to the IPTV, or by letting users participate in social forums while watching their favorite shows.
- Apps can respond to receiver information like channel changes and program metadata¿for example, by displaying content based on the metadata of the program a customer is watching.
- You can reach a new, engaged, and rapidly growing customer base of 3 million high-value AT&T U-verse customers.
- Your app will attract attention as one of the first on an innovative new platform.
- Customers can display your content on their television screens.
- You can connect directly to up to 3 million currently deployed U-verse set-top boxes.
- Customers don’t need additional equipment. Their current U-verse service gives them everything they need.
U-verse Enabled applications depend on the end user’s device to support the U-verse Enabled SDK and on the end user being in a location serviced by the AT&T U-verse network. U-verse Enabled apps can be used only on supporting devices that are turned on and connected to a U-verse home network. U-verse functionality is not guaranteed. It is up to the end user to initiative the association process from the supporting device or from the U-verse receiver. All applications must meet the application acceptance criteria outlined within the applicable U-verse Enabled Developer Guidelines. All U-verse Enabled applications are subject to review and monitoring by AT&T.